Resources for Charities and Non-Profits
There’s a range of great resources that Sleeping Lion regularly uses to assist US and Canadian charities and non-profits.
Some of our favorites include
- Blue Avocado – a great blog authored by Jan Masaoka concerning all things of interest to non-profits. US focus, but some relevance to Canadian organizations
- Free Management Library – an incredible easy-to-use resource of online management tools, documents, policies, etc. The Library has thousands of links to resources for both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Topics run the gamut from personnel to financial management to use of social media. I’ve had this bookmarked for years!
- Idealist.org – need we say more? This is the starting place for anyone wanting to enter the nonprofit field as a volunteer or employee.
- Charity Village – the Canadian portal for non-profit news, jobs, resources and training.
- Nonprofit Career Resource Guide – More info for anyone considering a career in the nonprofit field.
- HR Council – information about Canada’s non-profit labour force. Their Tool Kit provides guides and samples of everything related to human resources – job descriptions, evaluation processes, legislation, diversity, benefits, compensation, etc. An essential starting place for everything to do with non-profit employment.
We know there are plenty more – feel free to add suggestions.